200-Hour LFY Yoga Teacher Training
The LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute is proud to present its first 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
We are thrilled to announce that our training will be held at Yogaville Satchidananda Ashram outside Charlottesville, VA, not far from Richmond. Amy has been teaching at this very special place for many years, and feels a deep connection to the land and the generous community of yogis who keep the essence of Satchidananda’s teachings alive. See below for more details.
- What you will learn
- Who Should Attend
- Tuition and Application
- Register Online
- Training Schedule
- Required Reading
- Recommended Reading
- Location and Accommodations
- Ethical Guidelines
- Refund Policy
This training will be offered in two 13-day sessions:
Session One: Nov 30 – December 13th, 2013. Session Two: Feb 22 – Mar 7, 2014.
In this training you will learn how to guide truly transformational yoga. We take our philosophical base from the classical yoga texts and the decades-deep well of practice and experience that directors Amy Weintraub, Rudy Pierce and our exceptional faculty bring. Their depth of study and passion for training teachers, form the incredibly rich container for this unique yoga teacher training experience.
You will learn how to guide asana that meets students where they are.
You will become familiar with principles of movement, anatomy, and the effect on all the physiological systems of the human organism.
You will learn how to guide the LifeForce Yoga evidence-based techniques of asana, pranayama, sounding, relaxation and meditation for vitality, healing and managing anxiety, depression and other moods based on the techniques in Amy’s Yoga For Depression, A Compassionate Guide to Relieve Suffering.
You will learn how to create a complete yoga experience, including all the elements that provide a deeply internal, stimulating and integrating class.
This training is intended to give you the knowledge, skill and personal development to provide an environment of physical and emotional safety for your students. We will model how to create a sanctuary for your students to explore, inquire, strengthen awareness and nurture physical, emotional and mental health.
This training will prepare you to teach a class to a vast majority of populations including people with physical limitations and those who appear to be more physically adept.
Your natural teacher will emerge through the progressive sequence of training experiences, posture clinics, practice teaching and individual and group feedback facilitation.
Our mission is to provide training for each teacher-trainee to develop the awareness, knowledge and skill to facilitate a yoga class environment of compassion, acceptance, integrity and creativity. We will offer this training in a safe and transformational setting that allows each trainee and, by extension, each of their future students to explore a new and healthier relationship with her/his body while clearing the obstacles to a calm and centered mind.
As you explore yourself in this way, your teaching will reflect your personality, integrity and a commitment to creating a sacred space for your students.
You must meet the following criteria to participate in our training program:
- Two years yoga experience
- Practiced yoga regularly for the past six months
- Show capacity to handle the considerable physical and mental rigors of 12-15 hour days, concentrated immersion in yoga practice, practice teaching with peers and receiving feedback from the directors and instructors
- Demonstrate the ability, maturity and stability to safely teach yoga.
- 18 years of age
- English language competency
Will be granted all the rights of a Certified LifeForce Yoga Teacher, and may use the “LifeForce Yoga” name in resumes, advertisements and other promotional materials. Graduates will also be eligible to register with the YOGA ALLIANCE and use the registry mark, RYT (registered yoga teacher).
TUITION: $2975 (Paid in full by Oct 15, 2013)
Includes your training manual
$200 Early bird discount if registered with deposit by July 1, 2013!
Upon acceptance of your application, $1500 deposit holds your place in the next training.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORMS
Online registration information will be sent upon acceptance into the training.
Admissions to the training are on a first-come first-served/space available basis, so we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Please wait for a communication from the Institute regarding our admission decision.
You should receive an email notification within 4 weeks of the date we receive your application. If you do not have email we will send the notification by postal mail.
- 6:00 am – 8:00 am Morning Yoga
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am Breakfast
- 9:00 am – 11:30 am Training Session
- Noon Meditation in the Lotus Temple
- 12:45am – 1:45 pm Lunch break
- 1:45 pm – 4:00 pm Training Session
- 4:15 pm – 6:00 pm Afternoon Yoga
- 6:30 pm — Dinner
- 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm Evening session
- A full immersion in the study and practice of yoga
- Twice daily full yoga class practice
- Reading before, during and between the 2, 12-day sessions
- An introduction to the Philosophy of Yoga
- Thorough practice and training in the most effective teaching methods
- Analysis, discussion, practice of 36 asana for beginners practice
- Analysis, discussion and practice of the six basic pranayama
- Principles and elements of human anatomy
- Principles and systems of human physiology
- Practice and coaching in leading a complete yoga class
- How to practice and lead Nada Yoga (Mantra with asana)
- How to practice and lead a relaxation
- How to practice and lead meditation
- Safe and skillful approaches to hands-on assisting
- Approaches of Yoga practice for specific physical and psychological conditions
- Experiential education methods
- Conscious communication skills and techniques
- Professional standards and ethical practices for yoga teachers.
- The business and marketing of yoga
“Meet this transient world with neither grasping nor fear,
trust the unfolding of life,
and you will attain true serenity.”
Yoga for Depression: A Compassionate Guide to Relieve Suffering Through Yoga, by Amy Weintraub, 2004 Broadway Books
Anatomy and Asana: Preventing Yoga Injuries by Susi Hately Aldous, 2006 Eastland Press
The Science of Yoga: The Risks and the Rewards by William J. Broad, 2012 Simon & Schuster
The Yoga-Sutra of Patanjali, Translated by Chip Hartranft, 2003 Shambhala Classics
The Bhagavad Gita, Translated by Eknath Easwaran, Nilgiri Press 2007
Kripalu Yoga: A Guide to Practice On and Off the Mat, by Richard Faulds, 2005 Bantam Books
Yoga for Pain Relief: Simple Practices to Calm Your Mind & Heal Your Chronic Pain, by Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D, 2009 New Harbinger Publications
The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I, by Ray Long, 2005 BandhaYoga
The Wisdom of Yoga: A Seeker’s Guide to Extraordinary Living, by Stephen Cope, 2006 Bantam
Anatomy Insights: Global Principles for Yoga Teachers and Practitioners with Grace Jull (DVD), 2011 KYTA
We are renting beautiful practice room in the Academy building at Satchidananda Yogaville Ashram. This is a perfect location for a deep immersion in yoga. In fact, the Lotus Temple, where we will meditate at noon, along with the Yogaville community, is one of the most beautiful in the world. I (Amy) know of no other place that has the amenities of the West and the heart and soul of India. It is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, just outside of Charlottesville, VA, not far from Richmond and Roanoke, and an easy drive from Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. You will find that the accommodations are satisfying and affordable. Join our training and be inspired by the love and service so evident in this spiritual community.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Rates include accommodations, three buffet-style meals per day, classroom, and use of common ashram grounds, and some regularly scheduled ashram activities. Accommodations per 13 day session range from $854 – $1249.
To call for reservations within the USA – 1-800-858-9642, When calling from outside USA – 1-434-969-2048
ARC hours of operation are Mon-Fri 9:00am – 5pm EST. www.yogaville.org/visit/accommodations
- Dormitory – Shared room shared bath: Single only $854
- Dormitory – Private room, shared bath: Single $1071; Double $ 1925 (must register with roommate)*
- Lotus Guest House – Private room, private bath: Single $1249 Double $2104 (must register with roommate)*
*Contact Rose, firstname.lastname@example.org, to be connected with another individual seeking double accommodations.
If you are flying to Charlottesville, please arrange transportation to and from the ashram when you book your accommodations.
All teachers are expected to take responsibility to create safe and sacred space in these learning environments. Ethical guidelines are required in the application process and discussed and affirmed the first days of the program.
For a more detailed description of our ethics policy, see the Code of Ethics. Please sign and date and include with your application.
“The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.”
If for any reason you must cancel, the following conditions apply:
- If cancellation is at least 30 days prior to the training start date you will receive a full refund, less a $50.00 processing fee.
- If cancellation is within 30 days of the training start date, you will forfeit $500 of your tuition deposit and the cost of your lodging.This is because we must pay the retreat center in full 30 days in advance.
- If cancellation is less than 48 hours prior to the start of the training or you are absent for the opening session without notice, no credit or refund will be available.
“Like a flame in a windless place
Little by little,
Through patience and repeated effort
The yogi trains the mind
To become one-pointed
Then, in the stillness,
The self reveals itself.”
Bhagavad Gita 6:19