LifeForce Yoga will help you release what’s no longer serving you—without a story attached! Amy Weintraub, author of Yoga for Depression and Yoga Skills for Therapists, will cover evidence-based aspects of yoga effective for managing anxiety and depression. These timeless yoga techniques are appropriate for home practice, yoga classes, yoga therapy and clinical mental health and medical settings
Each day will include accessible postures, pranayama breathing, the therapeutic use of mantra, mudra and bhavana (imagery), as well as meditation and guided relaxation. Along with didactic components and practice, the format will include emotional process from a yoga perspective in dyads and small groups.
- Pranayama and kriya breathing techniques that regulate the emotions
- Meditations that lift the mood
- Creating Affirmation (sankalpa)
- LifeForce Yoga® Bhavana (Imagery)
- LifeForce Yoga® Chakra Clearing Meditation
- LifeForce Yoga® Nidra
- Tones that regulate the emotions (mantras)
- Yoga asanas suitable for multilevel practitioners
- Self-Inquiry through writing and Dyad Sharing
You will leave feeling refreshed, renewed, and excited about your at-home, teaching or clinical practice with new tools to bring balance to the emotional and physical body . Yoga and health professionals will learn techniques not regularly taught in yoga classes to help their clients focus, relax, self-regulate and have greater access to their feelings.
Yoga students of all levels – including beginners! – are welcome. Whole-weekend registration is recommended, but students may also take Friday plus Saturday only, or Friday plus Sunday only (Friday night’s session is required).
You will learn:
- The importance of establishing a safe & sacred container when integrating yoga practices into a therapeutic setting and yoga strategies for doing so
- To identify yoga practices that are appropriate and those that are contraindicated in a clinical setting
- To Identify predominate mood through analysis of current breathing pattern
- Five evidence-based Yogic breaths to calm the mind and lift the mood
- Three evidence-based meditation techniques to clear the mind and lift the mood
- Yoga technique to interrupt panic attack
- Two Meditation techniques effective with OCD and anxiety disorders
- Address negative self-talk and the seeds of self-loathing with a Yogic Non-dual strategy that incorporates body awareness, breath and imagery
- Describe the efficacy of Yoga Nidra (an evidence-based yoga meditation protocol) for effective for managing mood and PTSD
September 19-21, 2014
Asheville, NC – Asheville Yoga Center
October 10-12, 2014
Columbus, OH – Yoga on High
*20% off for LIfeForce Yoga Practitioners – please call Front Desk to make reservation in order to receive your discount.