Articles About Yoga and Mood
- Integrating Yoga and Meditation With Anxiety Treatment, Social Work Today Magazine, June 2013
- Amy Weintraub: Reconnection to the Self as Whole and Healed, Yoga Teacher Magazine, Spring 2013
- Mood Lifter: Interview with Amy Weintraub by Carmel Worth — Yoga Journal, May 2013
- Healing from Trauma and Grief by Amy Weintraub — Yoga Therapy Today, Winter 2012, publisher IAYT.org
- Refresh, Renewed, Excited: Yoga weekend focuses on mood improvement, by Susan Van Dongen
- Seated Yoga Nidra – A Tool for Transformation, by Dr. John Douillard
- Author Amy Weintraub delivers benefits of yoga – Arizona Daily Star
- The Best Thing To Do After Divorce Or Breakup: Yoga – According to Bikel & Mandarano, LLP by Lisa Gordon
- “Journey to Well-Being: New Light on Yoga for Depression and Anxiety” Interview with Amy Weintraub by Eva Norlyk Smith, Ph.D
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy: How Yoga Helps Combat Depression, by Eva Norlyk Smith, Ph.D, Huffington Post
- Divine Divorce, by Liz Mandarano, Huffington Post – Amy discusses how Yoga can help those going through divorce.
- Take a Breath: Using yoga to create a sense of well-being in your office, by Amy Weintraub Psychotherapy Networker, March/April 2010
- Posing, The Times of Trenton, by Greg Vellner, Special to the Times
- LifeForce Yoga, an in-depth interview with Amy Weintraub, by Kelly McGonigle, Yoga Therapy in Practice, International Association of Yoga Therapists.
Recommended Web Sites
- Integrative Restoration – Richard Miller’s teachings, products, research, retreats and iRest Trainings.
- Warriors at Ease – brings the healing power of yoga and meditation to military communities around the world, especially those affected by combat-stress, PTSD, and trauma.
- Kripalu Center
- Center for Self Leadership – Internal Family Systems Therapy practiced from the client’s most compassionate self is a complement to the work of yoga.
- International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Gentle Yoga with Rudy – Resources and programs in the Kripalu and LifeForce Yoga tradition.
- Health Journeys – Resources for Mind, Body, and Spirit.
- Yoga Therapy Web – Many Yoga therapy resources, including Amy’s webinars and teleseminars on Yoga and mental health.
- Pathless Yoga – Nondual retreats with Canadian teacher Joan Ruvinsky that include body sensing and iRest Yoga Nidra.
- Sacred Circle of Yoga – Retreats and classes on Martha’s Vineyard. Some of Amy’s favorite chants that often grace her DVDs are sung by her long time friend in Yoga, M.J. Bindu Delekta.
- Yoga Healing Arts – Hannah Caratti directs private & group Yoga sessions in northern California and produces inspiring music CDs.
- Yoga at Heart – Natasha Korshak provides modern Vedic Astrology readings, and services in Therapeutic Yoga as well as Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction.
- Have a Healthy Mind – Dr. Richard P. Brown and Dr. Patricia L. Gerbarg offer integrative approaches for mental health and brain function based on their research and clinical experience as psychiatrists and psycho-pharmacologists.
- The Art of Living Foundation
Trainings and Classes That Specifically Address Depression
- LifeForce Yoga for Depression Workshops and LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Trainings
- The Healing Breath Technique, (Sudarshan Kriya), The Art of Living Foundation, Phone (800) 897-5913
- iRest training, retreats, books and tapes. Richard Miller’s workshops, retreats, books and tapes, Integrative Restoration, Phone (707) 823-5023
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy, Phone (800)288-YOGA (9642)
- Breath~Body~Mind© Training for Trauma, Dr. Brown & Dr. Gerbarg, Have a Healthy Mind, Phone (845) 331-8881
Good Practice CDs and DVDs
- Amy Weintraub’s LifeForce Yoga Audio series – Breathe to Beat the Blues, LifeForce Yoga Nidra, LifeForce Yoga Bhavana;
- Amy Weintraub’s LifeForce Yoga Video series – LifeForce Yoga to Beat the Blues, Level 1 & Level 2
- Journey into Yoga – a moderate, heart-centered practice available on CD
- Healing Yoga for Everybody – a gentle practice for injuries available on CD
- Kripalu Yoga Gentle – a beginners practice available on DVD
- Gentle Yoga with Rudy – A CD set that provides many modifications by Kripalu and LifeForce Yoga Teacher Trainer Rudy Peirce
- Initial Evaluation of the LifeForce Yoga Program as a Therapeutic Intervention for Depression
- How Might Yoga Help Depression? A Neurobiological Perspective
- The Effects of Meditation on Perceived Stress and Related Indices of Psychological Status and Sympathetic Activation in Persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and Their Caregivers: A Pilot Study
- The Effects of a Gentle Yoga Program on Sleep,Mood, and Blood Pressure in OlderWomen with Restless Legs Syndrome: A Preliminary Randomized Controlled Trial
- Thinking Through the Body: The Conceptualization of Yoga as Therapy for Individuals with Eating Disorders
- Effects of yoga on the autonomic nervous system, gamma-aminobutyric-acid, and allostasis in epilepsy, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Healing Childhood Sexual Abuse with Yoga
- The Role of Outcome-Based Standards in Yoga Therapy
- Mindfulness Intervention for Child Abuse Survivors
- Feasibility, acceptability, and effects of gentle Hatha yoga for women with major depression: Findings from a randomized controlled mixed-methods study
(If you don’t see a box with book recommendations from Amazon here, please disable any AdBlock features in your web browser for this page.)