LIVE ONLINE IMMERSION with Amy Weintraub: LifeForce Yoga to Manage Your Mood
September 19 - September 20
Buckingham, VA 23921 United States
LIVE ONLINE WORKSHOP
A lovely weekend with the author of the groundbreaking book Yoga for Depression. Amy guides you through evidence-based Yoga practices for managing your mood. LifeForce Yoga® interweaves the power of an ancient discipline with current scientific findings to help you release what is no longer serving you—without a story attached! Discover techniques to energize and elevate depressed moods; relax and calm anxiety; work with the chakra system; bring balance to your emotional body.
- Pranayama (breathing techniques) and kriya (yogic cleanses) that regulate the emotions
- Meditations that lift the mood
- Sankalpa (affirmations)
- Bhavana (guided visualizations)
- Mantras (tones) that manage the emotions
- Mudras (hand gestures) that affect different areas of the chakra system and the body
- Yoga asanas suitable for all levels
You will leave feeling refreshed, renewed, and excited about incorporating new tools into your home, teaching, or clinical practice to bring balance to the emotional and physical body. This program is accessible for all levels, including beginners. Health professionals and Yoga teachers will learn techniques not regularly taught in Yoga classes to help their clients focus, relax, and have greater access to their feelings.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7.5 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information: email@example.com.
Amy Weintraub, founder of the LifeForce Yoga® Healing Institute and author of the bestselling Yoga for Depression (Broadway Books, 2004) and the ground-breaking Yoga Skills for Therapists: Effective Practices for Mood Management (W.W. Norton, 2012), has been a pioneer in the field of yoga and mental health for over 20 years. She trains health and yoga professionals at notable international venues and offers workshops for every day practitioners. The LifeForce Yoga® protocol is being used in residential treatment centers, hospitals and by health care providers around the world. She is involved in ongoing research on the effects of yoga on mood, and has produced an award-winning library of evidence-based yoga and meditation CDs and DVDs for mood management. She edits a newsletter that includes current research, news and media reviews on Yoga and mental health, archived here.