- This event has passed.
Yoga for Mood Management: LifeForce Yoga® Practitioner Training, Part A – Experiential
September 13, 2019 - September 15, 2019
Lewes, Delaware 19958 United States
note: This course is over Two Weekend Sessions! Sep 13-15 AND Sep 27-29
Learn an empowering, evidence-based Yoga protocol for self-care and to help students and clients focus, relax, and have greater access to feeling states. LifeForce Yoga emphasizes accessible yoga tools for managing mood, from daily fluctuations to chronic issues like anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc. This experiential program includes research, case studies, practice teaching in pairs, self-care, and a 40+ page manual.
You will experience all aspects of LifeForce Yoga, including breathwork (pranayama & kriya), movement (āsana), nada yoga (sound), bhavana (visual imagery) sankalpa (intention/affirmation), meditation, meditative relaxation, and yogic self-inquiry. This Experiential workshop is open to all with yoga experience and is Part A of a 3-Part certification course to become a LifeForce Yoga Practitioner – level 1.
There will also be opportunities for practicing with one and other and receiving feedback from the faculty. For those who are already LifeForce Yoga Practitioners, this can be taken as a refresher course. Yoga and healthcare professionals and general practitioners will learn strategies appropriate for a clinical setting that can safely release chronically held physical tension and repressed emotion.
Students of this course will:
- Design one-on-one LifeForce Yoga sessions appropriate for chronic depression, anxiety-based depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder
- Learn yoga tools that are accessible to all ability levels
- Learn breathing and meditation practices for addressing mood states
- Learn how to add somatic strategies to clinical practice and Yoga classes to increase clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and ability to cope
- Experience techniques you can teach your clients and students to do at home
- Practice asanas (postures), pranayama and kriyas (breathing and cleansing), mantra (chanting), bhavana (development of the mind), sankalpa (resolve and intention), mudra (hand gestures), meditation, therapeutic long holding of postures and non-dual strategies for working with negative self-talk
- Take home tools and confidence for working with individuals suffering from depression and anxiety
Upon completion of this course you will:
Be prepared to work with clients experiencing anxiety, trauma, OCD, and depression.
Have a multitude of resources to your teacher toolkit.
30 Contact Hours meet the Required 26 hours for Part A Certification
Required Reading: Yoga for Depression by Amy Weintraub (Broadway Books)
Required Practice: LifeForce Yoga DVDs & CDs
Recommended Reading: Yoga Skills for Therapists (W.W. Norton)
Kathleen holds a PhD in Counseling Psychology, is certified in EMDR and has taught at the graduate level for many years. Her specialty is in trauma resolution where she utilizes her yoga skills both in sessions and in group sessions for her clients. Kathleen has run workshops for women and in her local community utilizing LifeForce Yoga to manage mood. She practices in Kenilworth and Montclair New Jersey.
Stacey Chandler, RYT-200, LFYP-1
Stacey, founder of ShantiShala Studio in Lewes, DE, completed her yoga teacher training in Shiva Rea’s Prana Vinyasa program where the embodiment of the practice is based on the roots of yoga, the art and science of movement and wellness for vitality and the deep honoring of our sacred earth. She has recovered from depression and anxiety through utilizing holistic remediessuch as EFT (Emotion Freedom Technique), LifeForce Yoga, Ayurveda, and the healing roots of Yoga that include pranayama (breath work), mudras (hand positions), mantras (sound), and meditation are used in assisting in treatment of depression, anxiety, and PTSD through movement and science.