Learn empowering, accessible, and evidence-based practices for optimum mental health! The LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training, now entering its 16th year, covers appropriate use of yoga for all mood issues, from daily energy swings, to disorders like anxiety, depression, trauma, etc.; this includes discussion of scope of practice, working in a team, and when to refer out. Participants learn yogic-based assessment of the mind and application of ancient yogic practices adapted for individuals struggling with mood disorders.
Yoga teaches that we are One with everything and our suffering is the false belief that we are separate. This program offers a pathway to reconnect with your sacred sense of self, through using breath, movement, and sound in our morning self-care yoga practices.
Students of this course will learn:
- How to meet the current mood of a client and help transform the mood/energy to balance
- Yoga tools for mental health that are accessible for all ability levels
- Breathing and meditation practices for empowering optimum mental health
- How to design one-on-one LifeForce Yoga sessions appropriate for stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, and all mood states
- How to add somatic strategies to clinical practice to increase clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and health
- Self-care strategies for maintaining your energy at balanced levels throughout your work day
Upon completion of this course you will:
Be prepared to work with clients experiencing anxiety, trauma, OCD, and depression.
Be prepared to design anxiety- and depression-sensitive classes, groups, and workshops.
Have a multitude of portable practice to manage your mood in your toolkit.
Part B of the LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training is available now.
This course is 30 hours:
- 6 hours of pre-recorded LifeForce Yoga classes with a corresponding meditation session;
- 2 hours of pre-recorded PowerPoint
- 22 hours of live session content, receiving teaching from Rose and interacting with other trainees in session.
- Tuesday, September 15, 3-5pm Pacific / 6-8pm Eastern
- Thursday, September 17, 3-5pm Pacific / 6-8pm Eastern
- Saturday, September 19, 10am-1pm Pacific / 1-4pm Eastern
- Tuesday, September 22, 3-5pm Pacific / 6-8pm Eastern
- Thursday, September 24, 3-5pm Pacific / 6-8pm Eastern
- Saturday, September 26, 10am-1:30pm Pacific / 1-4:30pm Eastern
- Tuesday, September 29, 3-5pm Pacific / 6-8pm Eastern
- Thursday, October 1, 3-5pm Pacific / 6-8pm Eastern
- Saturday, October 3, 10am-1:30pm Pacific / 1-4:30pm Eastern
- Read Awakening Your Inner Radiance with LifeForce Yoga: Strategies for Coping with Stress, Depression, Anxiety, and Trauma, by Rose Kress
- Some experience with LifeForce Yoga – a prior workshop, online classes, or practice with videos or YouTube videos (this will help you in integrating the techniques and practices during the course)