Meditation to Balance Your Mood
Buy as a high quality (320 kbbs) MP3 download, and enjoy now:
Downloads are only available for home computers, will not work on smart phones or tablets
The LifeForce Yoga® Chakra Clearing Meditation (LFYCCM) is a technique that combines several strategies to meet anxiety and depression and bring the practitioner into balance with a clear, calm and focused mind. Amy Weintraub teaches and leads two versions–one for anxiety and one for depression, along with a discussion of the psychological aspects of the chakras.
There is empirical evidence that along with anxiety and depression, this practice helps those who suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), characterized by intrusive and repetitive thoughts. The technique engages the mind with sound and breath and hand gestures called mudras. Experienced meditators can benefit from these techniques too. If you regularly sit, it helps to have a technique to clear your mind so that more of your twenty or thirty minutes is spent floating on the still pond of your mind, observing the ripples and waves of your thoughts and feelings and less on drowning in them. This meditation should not be practiced without Amy’s guidance.
- Introduction: Giving the Mind a Bone 9:22
- The Psychological Application of this Practice 3:04
- A Psychological Understanding of the Nadis and the Chakras 13:19
- Learning the LifeForce Yoga® Chakra Clearing Meditation 10:13
- Bellows Breath (Guided) 4:56
- Bee Breath (Guided) 3:45
- LFYCCM: Mudras and Mantras (Led with Guidance) 8:00
- LFYCCM: (Led without Guidance) 4:41
- LFYCCM: Adapted for High Anxiety States 5:29
Total Running Time 1:02:59
- Written & produced by Amy Weintraub
- Thank you to Patricia L. Gerbarg, MD—consultation
- Elena Rose Kress, RYT 500—mudra photography
- Joy Bennett, RYT—photo of Amy
- Ellen Campbell, RYT—model
- Recorded by Bill Cashman at the Cavern Studios Tucson
- Copyright © by Amy Weintraub 2009
If you download, please print out the mudras and mantras below.