Moving Beyond Anxiety and Depression with LifeForce Yoga Led by Rose Kress & Alyce Wellons
March 20, 2023 - March 24, 2023
Learn empowering, accessible, and evidence-based yoga practices for optimum mental health. This comprehensive LifeForce Yoga courses covers the appropriate use of yoga for all mood issues, from daily energy swings, to disorders like anxiety, depression, and PTSD.
Created by Amy Weintraub, the LifeForce Yoga Practitioner training that this course is based on is now entering its 18th year, and continues to grow. This course is open to yoga teachers, mental-health professionals, and everyone seeking to learn additional mood-management tools to use with clients, family, and in their own life.
Participants learn yogic-based assessment of the mind and application of ancient yogic practices adapted for individuals struggling with mood disorders. You will also experience all aspects of LifeForce Yoga, including breathwork (pranayama and kriya), movement (asana), sound (nada yoga and mantra), visualization (bhavana), intention (sankalpa), hand gestures (mudra), meditation, meditative relaxation, and yogic self-inquiry.
This LifeForce Yoga course teaches you:
- How to create a sacred container for your personal and professional work
- Tools to increase presence and the ability to hold the space for transformational processes
- How to meet the current mood of a client and help transform the mood/energy to balance
- Yoga tools for mental health that are accessible for all ability levels
- Breathing and meditation practices for empowering optimum mental health
- How to design one-on-one LifeForce Yoga sessions appropriate for stress, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and all mood states
- How to add somatic strategies to clinical practice to increase clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and health
- Self-care strategies for maintaining your energy at balanced levels throughout your work day
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Be prepared to work with clients experiencing anxiety, PTSD, OCD, and depression.
- Know how to design stress-sensitive, anxiety-sensitive, depression-sensitive, and trauma-sensitive classes, groups, and workshops.
- Have a multitude of portable, anytime practices you can use to manage your own mood.
Preparing for the Course: Please read Awakening Your Inner Radiance with LifeForce Yoga: Strategies for Coping with Stress, Depression, Anxiety, & Trauma by Rose Kress.