Completion of the following requirements awards the designation of “LifeForce Yoga Practitioner — Level 1″ and a total of 115 CEUs (Yoga Alliance):
1. Completion of Level 1 Training
Including completion of the following:
- LifeForce Yoga to Manage Your Mood weekend workshop, or equivalent program
- Read Yoga for Depression by Amy Weintraub
- Practice with the LifeForce Yoga to Beat the Blues – Level 1 or Level 2 DVD (suggested practice of 30 days)
- Practice with the LifeForce Yoga Chakra Clearing Meditation CD (suggested practice of 30 days)
- If you have questions, please contact Rose, rose@yogafordepression.
To receive a LifeForce Yoga Practitioner – Level 1 Certification, after completing the 7-day residency or the modular LFYP training, applicants will need to complete 3 mentoring sessions with a LifeForce Yoga Mentor. The mentoring process is meant to support applicants in integrating LifeForce Yoga practices. Sessions are supportive and inspiring. Note: Mentoring is a part of the Modular LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training.
You will be integrating LifeForce Yoga into your practice (personal and professional), working with individuals and/or groups and receiving an empowering form of supervision. Scheduled at your and your mentor’s convenience.
- Select a mentor. All mentors are available for a 30 minute free consultation/interview.
- 3 session plans sent to your mentor by email (may be classes, workshops, or individual sessions – a variety is recommended, if possible).
- 3 self-mentoring reports sent to your mentor by email.
- 3 live mentoring sessions (in person or by phone). Sessions are 1.5 hours long.
- As a part of your mentoring, you are responsible for demonstrating competency in four areas. You will be asked to demonstrate these techniques as a part of your mentoring sessions:
- Cueing to direct sensation
- Meeting the Mood
- Stair Step Breathing
- LifeForce Yoga Chakra Clearing Meditation
- Cost: $589
3. Self-Directed 40-Day Challenge
The 40-day challenge is designed to encourage your practice after you leave the training and to support you in your transition home. Practicing daily, even if your practice is brief, will clear your inner space and will also bolster your confidence in offering the LFY skills to those you serve.
This challenge is meant to support the applicant in understanding and incorporating the LifeForce Yoga techniques into home practice. As LFYPs, it is important to have practiced the techniques prior to sharing them with clients and students. You may wish to use a LifeForce Yoga product as support for your challenge or you may cultivate a home practice with the support of your mentor. The challenge is self-directed and self-reported on the following form and accounts for 50 non-contact hours. If you are doing a shorter practice, then it may take you a little longer to fulfill the required 50 hours of practice.
4. Application & Evaluation
Application and evaluation are given to participants upon completion of mentoring and the 40-day challenge and must be returned for certification. Participants will be awarded the designation of LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Level One and listed on the practitioners page.