- This event has passed.
Yoga for Mood Management: LifeForce Yoga® Practitioner Training, Part A – Experiential
April 27 - May 1
Lewes, Delaware 19958 United States
Learn an empowering, evidence-based Yoga protocol for self-care and to help students and clients focus, relax, and have greater access to feeling states. LifeForce Yoga emphasizes accessible yoga tools for managing mood, from daily fluctuations to chronic issues like anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc. This experiential program includes research, case studies, practice teaching in pairs, self-care, and a 40+ page manual.
You will experience all aspects of LifeForce Yoga, including breathwork (pranayama & kriya), movement (āsana), nada yoga (sound), bhavana (visual imagery) sankalpa (intention/affirmation), meditation, meditative relaxation, and yogic self-inquiry. This Experiential workshop is open to all with yoga experience and is Part A of a 3-Part certification course to become a LifeForce Yoga Practitioner – level 1.
There will also be opportunities for practicing with one and other and receiving feedback from the faculty. For those who are already LifeForce Yoga Practitioners, this can be taken as a refresher course. Yoga and healthcare professionals and general practitioners will learn strategies appropriate for a clinical setting that can safely release chronically held physical tension and repressed emotion.
Students of this course will:
- Design one-on-one LifeForce Yoga sessions appropriate for chronic depression, anxiety-based depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder
- Learn yoga tools that are accessible to all ability levels
- Learn breathing and meditation practices for addressing mood states
- Learn how to add somatic strategies to clinical practice and Yoga classes to increase clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and ability to cope
- Experience techniques you can teach your clients and students to do at home
- Practice asanas (postures), pranayama and kriyas (breathing and cleansing), mantra (chanting), bhavana (development of the mind), sankalpa (resolve and intention), mudra (hand gestures), meditation, therapeutic long holding of postures and non-dual strategies for working with negative self-talk
- Take home tools and confidence for working with individuals suffering from depression and anxiety
Upon completion of this course you will:
Be prepared to work with clients experiencing anxiety, trauma, OCD, and depression.
Have a multitude of resources to your teacher toolkit.
30 Contact Hours meet the Required 26 hours for Part A Certification
Required Reading: Yoga for Depression by Amy Weintraub (Broadway Books)
Required Practice: LifeForce Yoga DVDs & CDs
Recommended Reading: Yoga Skills for Therapists (W.W. Norton)
Rose Kress, ERYT-500, LFYP-2, LFY Educator, Mentor, Director of the LifeForce Yoga® Healing Institute
Rose began practicing yoga in 1994 and teaching since 2004. In that time she has focused on the therapeutic aspects of yoga – for the body, mind and soul. Rose teaches classes and workshops throughout the Tucson area and has been blessed to teach at The Crossings in Austin, TX, at Yogaville in VA, at Kripalu in Lenox, MA, and Sivananda Ashram in The Bahamas with the LifeForce Yoga® Practitioner Training Program. She has also presented at a number of Yoga Festivals in Arizona. Rose integrates LifeForce Yoga® techniques into therapeutic yoga for back pain, cancer, pulmonary disease, structural wellness, and yoga therapy. She studies with Rama Jyoti Vernon and has taken the Functional Yoga Therapy Training with Maria KaliMa. Rose is the Program Manager of the LifeForce Yoga® Healing Institute and travels with Amy to assist her in LifeForce Yoga® Practitioner Trainings. She is a lead trainer in the Sol Center’s Yoga Training Program. Rose is also the author of 2 CDs, Mantra Chanting with Rose and Pathways to Relaxation.
Kathleen holds a PhD in Counseling Psychology, is certified in EMDR and has taught at the graduate level for many years. Her specialty is in trauma resolution where she utilizes
her yoga skills both in sessions and in group sessions for her clients. Kathleen has run workshops for women and in her local community utilizing LifeForce Yoga to manage mood. She
practices in Kenilworth and Montclair New Jersey.