LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training Level 1 in Two Modules
Module A & B are equivalent to the Level 1 7 Day Residential Training. Upon completion of Modules A & B, participants will be awarded the designation of “uncertified.” To become a certified LifeForce Yoga Practitioner, Mentoring must be completed. Module B may precede Module A.
Module A: Experiential
Locations; cost, lodging, and CEUs are specific to location, please click on the details link to learn more:
- Kripalu Center, Stockbridge, MA July 3-8, 2016 — Led by Amy Weintraub. Details here.
- Soul of Yoga, Encinitas, CA November 11-15, 2016 – Led by Amy Weintraub. Details here.
This Experiential workshop is open to all with yoga experience and is Module A of a 3-Module certification course to become a LifeForce Yoga Practitioner – Level 1. Learn an empowering, evidence-based Yoga protocol for self-care and to help students and clients focus, relax, and have greater access to feeling states. You will experience all aspects of LifeForce Yoga, including pranayama, kriya, asana, nada yoga (sound), bhavana (visual imagery) sankalpa (intention/affirmation), meditation, and non-dual self-inquiry.
There will also be opportunities for practicing with one and other and receiving feedback from the faculty. For those who are already LifeForce Yoga Practitioners, this can be taken as a refresher course/retreat. Yoga and health care professionals and general practitioners will learn strategies appropriate for a clinical setting that can safely release chronically held physical tension and repressed emotion.
Students of this course will:
- Design one-on-one Yoga sessions for dysthymia (chronic depression), anxiety-based depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder
- Learn breathing and meditation practices for addressing dysthymia and anxiety-based depression
- Learn how to add somatic strategies to clinical practice and Yoga classes to increase clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and ability to cope
- Experience techniques you can teach your clients and students to do at home
- Practice asanas (postures), pranayama and kriyas (breathing and cleansing), mantra (chanting), bhavana (development of the mind), sankalpa (resolve and intention), mudra (hand gestures), meditation, therapeutic long holding of postures and non-dual strategies for working with negative self-talk
- Take home tools and confidence for working with individuals suffering from depression and anxiety
- Location: Your home
- Time: 18 hours
- Module B can be taken prior to Module A
- Creating the Safe & Sacred Container with LifeForce Yoga Founding Dirctor Amy Weintraub, MFA, ERYT-5oo
- Pranayama & Meditation with Amy Weintraub
- Mantra & Mudra with Amy Weintraub
- Yoga & Trauma with Amy Weintraub
- LifeForce Yoga & Ayurveda with LifeForce Yoga Education Director Rose Kress, ERYT-500, LFYP-2, LFY Educator
- Integrating LifeForce Yoga Practices into Health Care and Yoga Therapy Settings with LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Mentor Ann Freidenheim, MS, MA, CAADC, RYT-200, LFYP-2 and Rose Kress
This course includes:
- 12 hours of online webcast sessions (pre-recorded)
- 6 hours of online Q & A and Practices (pre-recorded)
- Assigned reading
- Study questions
- On-line sessions will include lecture, discussion, slides and opportunities to practice
- Certificate of Attendance