Research and Articles of Interest
- “Yoga and Psychotherapy,” by Chrstine Ware, Ph.D, Yoga Therapy in Practice, June, 2007.
- “The Role of Outcome-Based Standards in Yoga Therapy,” by Scott Laurence, Ph.D., LMHC, RYT500, International Journal of Yoga Therapy, 20, 2010
- “Take a Breath, Break the Silence: The Effects of Yogic Breathing and Testimony About Battering on Feelings of Self-Efficacy in Battered Women,” by Susan Franzblau, PhD, Michelle Smith, Sonia Echevarria, and Thomas van Canfort, PhD, International Journal of Yoga Therapy, 16, 2006
- “Healing Childhood Sexual Abuse with Yoga,” by Mark Lilly and Jaime Hedlund, RYT, International Journal of Yoga Therapy, 20, 2010
- “The Effects of Two Types of Meditation Techniques on Self-Efficacy Beliefs in Persons in CDC Stages II and III of HIV Disease,” Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, PhD, presented at the IAYT Symposium on Yoga Therapy and Research (SYTAR), January, 2007
- “Treatment of chronic insomnia with yoga: a preliminary study with sleep-wake diaries,” Sat Bir Singh Khalsa, PhD, International Yoga Therapy Symposium, May, 2006
- “Teaching Therapeutic Yoga to Medical Outpatients: Practice Descriptions, Process Reflections, and Preliminary Outcomes,” by Kirsten T. Gabriel, MA, RYT, Katie M. Edwards, Seoka Salstrom, MS, Manjula Spears, RYT, and Richard Panico, MD, International Journal of Yoga Therapy, 16, 2006
- “Exploring Yoga as Therapy,” by Ganesh Mohan, International Journal of Yoga Therapy, 16, 2006
- “Harvesting the Full Potential of Group Therapy Classes,” Matthew Taylor, PT, PhD, RYT, International Journal of Yoga Therapy, 16, 2006, 33-37
- “Applying the Brakes: In Trauma Treatment Creating Safety is Essential,” by Babette Rothschild, Psychotherapy Networker, Jan/Feb, 2004
- Effects of Utilizing Yoga Nidra on Reducing Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety in a Psychiatric Population. Mankar S, Cruser dA, Jordan M, Ingram J, Brown S. Effects of Utilizing Yoga Nidra on Reducing Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety in a Psychiatric Population. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2012;112(8):543. Abstract C19.
- Know Pain? A Brief Guide to Understanding Pain for Yoga Therapists by Neil Pearson
- How Might Yoga Help Depression? A Neurobiological Perspective Patricia Kinser, RN, LFYP
- Thinking Through the Body: The Conceptualization of Yoga as Therapy for Individuals with Eating Disorders
- Effects of yoga on the autonomic nervous system, gamma-aminobutyric-acid, and allostasis in epilepsy, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder