Level 2 Training Registration
LifeForce Yoga Trauma Specialist Training (Level 2)
May 20 — 27, 2018
Rose Kress, ERYT-500, LFYP-2, LFYE, Mentor, LifeForce Yoga Education Director
Randy Todd, LCSW, MSW, LFYP-2, Mentor
Guest Faculty: Amy Weintraub, MFA, ERYT-500, Founder of the LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute
If you serve those with a history of trauma and wish to enhance your yoga skills for this population, on and off the mat, this new certification program as a LifeForce Yoga Trauma Specialist is for you. Enhance your attunement skills, even as you learn modifications in language and practices for this population that will allow the safe release of trauma memory stored in all the koshas (physical, energy, emotional and, mental levels of existence). Learn yoga-based practices to help those suffering realize that on the deepest level of their beings, they remain unharmed. The practices you will offer will allow them to reconnect with their own true and unsullied nature for sustained periods of time. From this reconnection, they will build resilience and increase self-regulation. With practice of what you offer, those you serve will find that past triggers are diminished and flashbacks are less intrusive.
The training also includes an emphasis on experiential self-care. Many professionals suffer from compassion fatigue, vicarious victimization, and even secondary trauma. You will learn techniques to alleviate the heaviness of the trauma of those you serve and those you love. Afternoon sessions focus entirely on self-care and creating a space around the discussion of trauma and PTSD.
This new program welcomes all who have experience with LifeForce Yoga, including those who are already certified or have done Module A & B or the 7-day intensive LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training. If you’re not sure whether you have the pre-requisites, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program at a glance:
Early morning LifeForce Yoga practice led by faculty to enhance energy, clarity, and self-empowerment
Morning sessions from 9am — 12pm include: lecture, discussion, techniques applicable for working with clients and students suffering from trauma/PTSD
Afternoon sessions from 2pm — 4pm include: nourishing self-care strategies, like yoga nidra, meditation, sound practices, and community building
Breakout sessions from 4:30pm — 6pm for those seeking certification as a Level 2 LifeForce Yoga Practitioner
- Creating a safe and sacred container through the use of LifeForce Yoga techniques for individuals with a trauma history
- Greater understanding of PTSD from the Western and Eastern models
- Self-care strategies for professionals
- How to conduct a LifeForce Yoga group, workshop, or yoga class for individuals with PTSD
- How to introduce new yoga-based practices to a yoga-naïve client
- How to work with victims of trauma as a yoga therapist, within your scope of practice
- How to use LifeForce Yoga Nidra for trauma and PTSD
- Level 1 Training, 7-Day OR Module A & B
OR all of the following
- Completed Module B
- LifeForce Yoga at Home Study Course
- Documented 40 – Day Challenge
- Berceli, David. Shake It Off Naturally: Reduce Stress, Anxiety, and Tension with TRE. Amazon Create Space, 2015.
- Earley, Jay. Self-Therapy: A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating Wholeness and Healing Your Inner Child Using IFS, A New, Cutting-Edge Psychotherapy. Larkspur, CA: Pattern Systems Books, 2009 OR
- Schwartz, Richard. Internal Family Systems Therapy. New York: Guilford Press, 1995.
- Weintraub, Amy. Yoga Skills for Therapists: Effective Practices for Mood Management. W.W. Norton, 2012.
- Emerson, David; Hopper, Elizabeth. Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga: Reclaiming Your Body. North Atlantic Books, 2011.
Certification as a LifeForce Yoga for Trauma Specialist:
- Certified LifeForce Yoga – Level 1
- Case study essay
Full refunds, less a $250 processing fee, will be given if cancelling by April 10, 2018.