Level 2 Registration
LifeForce Yoga Training Retreat, Level 2:
Trauma Specialist & Self-Care Mastery
May 20 — 27, 2018
Rose Kress, ERYT-500, LFYP-2, LFYE, Mentor, LifeForce Yoga Education Director
Randy Todd, LCSW, MSW, LFYP-2, Mentor
Guest Faculty: Amy Weintraub, MFA, ERYT-500, Founder of the LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute
If you serve those with a history of trauma and wish to enhance your therapeutic skills, on and off the mat, our new LifeForce Yoga Trauma Specialist certification program is for you. Increase your attunement skills; learn language modifications and practices that will allow the safe release of trauma memory stored in all the koshas (physical, energy, emotional and, mental levels of existence). Learn evidence-based yoga practices to help those suffering realize that, on the deepest level of their beings, they remain unharmed.
The methods you will offer will allow them to reconnect with their own true and unsullied nature for sustained periods of time. From this restoration, they can build resilience and increase self-regulation. With further LifeForce Yoga practice, those you serve will find that past triggers are less intrusive, and flashbacks are diminished.
This training also emphasizes experiential self-care. Many professionals suffer from vicarious victimization, compassion fatigue, and even secondary trauma. You will learn techniques to lighten the heaviness of the trauma of those you serve and those you love. Afternoon sessions focus entirely on self-care, potency and creating a space around the discussion of trauma and PTSD.
Our new Level 2 program welcomes all who have experience with LifeForce Yoga, including those who are already certified or have completed Modules A & B or the 7-day LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training intensive. If you’re not sure whether you have the pre-requisites, please contact email@example.com.
Setting: Training is held in Tucson, Arizona, at the Redemptorist Renewal Center. The property sits adjacent to Saguaro National Park, amidst the foothills of the Tucson Mountains, and offers incredible Sonoran desert vistas, ancient petroglyphs, hiking trails, a swimming pool, labyrinth, and more for recreation and spiritual renewal. A truly amazing part of the world!
Program at a glance:
Early morning LifeForce Yoga practice led by faculty to enhance energy, clarity, and self-empowerment
Morning sessions from 9am — 12pm include: lecture, discussion, techniques applicable for working with clients and students suffering from trauma/PTSD
Afternoon sessions from 2pm — 4pm include: nourishing self-care strategies, like yoga nidra, meditation, sound practices, and community building
Breakout sessions from 4:30pm — 6pm for those seeking certification as a Level 2 LifeForce Yoga Practitioner
- Creating a safe and sacred container through the use of LifeForce Yoga techniques for individuals with a trauma history
- Greater understanding of PTSD from the Western and Eastern models
- Self-care strategies for professionals
- How to conduct a LifeForce Yoga group, workshop, or yoga class for individuals with PTSD
- How to introduce new yoga-based practices to a yoga-naïve client
- How to work with victims of trauma as a yoga therapist, within your scope of practice
- How to use LifeForce Yoga Nidra for trauma and PTSD
- 7-Day Level 1 Training OR Modules A + B
OR all of the following
- Completed Online Module B
- LifeForce Yoga at Home Study Course
- Documented 40 – Day Challenge
- Berceli, David. Shake It Off Naturally: Reduce Stress, Anxiety, and Tension with TRE. Amazon Create Space, 2015.
- Earley, Jay. Self-Therapy: A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating Wholeness and Healing Your Inner Child Using IFS, A New, Cutting-Edge Psychotherapy. Larkspur, CA: Pattern Systems Books, 2009 OR
- Schwartz, Richard. Internal Family Systems Therapy. New York: Guilford Press, 1995.
- Weintraub, Amy. Yoga Skills for Therapists: Effective Practices for Mood Management. W.W. Norton, 2012.
- Emerson, David; Hopper, Elizabeth. Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga: Reclaiming Your Body. North Atlantic Books, 2011.
Certification as a LifeForce Yoga for Trauma Specialist:
- Certified LifeForce Yoga – Level 1
- Case study essay
Full refunds, less a $250 processing fee, will be given if canceling by April 10, 2018. No refunds thereafter.