This video is Part 1 of Conversations with Amy Weintraub on Life and Living by Geo Geller. We will be releasing one segment a week. We hope you enjoy these open, unedited, discussions with Amy – we are very excited about this new project!
“How Yoga Saved My Life” Part 1
In Part 1, Amy discusses her own journey with depression and how yoga pulled her out of that depression.
- How yoga helps you manage your mood.
- How yoga is a tool to help you self-regulate.
- How a mantra and a mudra and breathing will help you to self-regulate
- How taking little sips of breath with your hands over your heart helps you self-regulate by balancing your autonomic nervous system and soothing your emotions.
- How the sound ‘yum’ vibrates the heart and radiates contentment through all aspects of your life. Even if it’s just for a moment or an hour. Try it. What do you have to lose?
To learn more about Amy Weintraub and her personal story, purchase a copy of her award-winning book Yoga for Depression. If these videos resonate with you, consider attending an upcoming LifeForce Yoga Workshop or Practitioner Training.
camera, direction, provocateur
For more Conversations with Amy Weintraub – On Life and Living by geo geller http://promisedlandofdreams.com/amy/. To contact geo geller you can email: geo@PromisedLandOfDreams.com.