- This event has passed.
LifeForce Yoga for Mood Management Module A with Rose Kress
January 24, 2020 - January 28, 2020
Albany, OR 97321 United States
Learn empowering, accessible, and evidence-based practices for optimum mental health! The LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training, now entering its 15th year, covers appropriate use of yoga for all mood issues, from daily energy swings, to constrictions like anxiety, depression, trauma, etc.; this includes discussion of scope of practice, working in a team, and when to refer out. Participants learn yogic-based assessment of the mind and application of ancient yogic practices adapted for individuals struggling with mood disorders.
Yoga teaches that we are One with everything and our suffering is the false belief that we are separate. This program offers a pathway to reconnect with your sacred sense of self, through using breath, movement, and sound in our self-care yoga practices. You will experience all aspects of LifeForce Yoga, including breathwork (pranayama & kriya), movement (āsana), sound (nada yoga and mantra), visualization (bhavana), intention (sankalpa), hand gestures (mudra), meditation, meditative relaxation, and yogic self-inquiry. This experiential workshop is open to yoga teachers, mental health professionals, and anyone seeking to learn additional mood management tools.
Students of this course will learn:
- How to create a sacred container for their personal and professional work
- Tools to increase presence and the ability to hold the space for transformational processes
- How to meet the current mood of a client and help transform the mood/energy to balance
- Yoga tools for mental health that are accessible for all ability levels
- Breathing and meditation practices for empowering optimum mental health
- How to design one-on-one LifeForce Yoga sessions appropriate for stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, and all mood states
- How to add somatic strategies to clinical practice to increase clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and health
- Self-care strategies for maintaining your energy at balanced levels throughout your work day
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Be prepared to work with clients experiencing stress, depression, anxiety, and trauma
- Be prepared to design stress-sensitve, anxiety-sensitive, depression-sensitive, and trauma-sensitive classes, groups, and workshops.
- Have a multitude of portable practice to manage your mood in your toolkit.
This course is part of a 3-Part certification course to become a LifeForce Yoga Practitioner – Level 1.