LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training Module A with Rose Kress
September 6 - September 10
Chicago, IL 60618 United States
Learn empowering, accessible, and evidence-based practices for optimum mental health! The LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training, now entering its 15th year, covers appropriate use of yoga for all mood issues, from daily energy swings, to disorders like anxiety, depression, trauma, bi-polar, etc.; this includes discussion of scope of practice, working in a team, and when to refer out. Participants learn yogic-based assessment of the mind and application of ancient yogic practices adapted for individuals struggling with mood disorders.
You will experience all aspects of LifeForce Yoga, including breathwork (pranayama & kriya), movement (āsana), nada yoga (sound), bhavana (visual imagery) sankalpa (intention/affirmation), meditation, meditative relaxation, and yogic self-inquiry. This Experiential workshop is open to all with yoga experience and is Part A of a 3-Part certification course to become a LifeForce Yoga Practitioner – Level 1.
Students of this course will learn:
- How to meet the current mood of a client and help transform the mood/energy to balance
- Yoga tools for mental health that are accessible for all ability levels
- Breathing and meditation practices for empowering optimum mental health
- How to design one-on-one LifeForce Yoga sessions appropriate for anxiety, depression, post-traumatic disorder, and bi-polar disorder
- How to add somatic strategies to clinical practice and Yoga classes to increase clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and ability to cope
- Self-care strategies, that can be shared with students/clients, for keeping energy at optimum levels
- LifeForce Yoga strategies, pranayama and kriyas (breathing and cleansing), mantra (chanting), bhavana (development of the mind), sankalpa (resolve and intention), mudra (hand gestures), meditation, therapeutic long holding of postures, and yogic strategies for working with negative self-talk
Upon completion of this course you will:
Be prepared to work with clients experiencing anxiety, trauma, OCD, and depression.
Be prepared to design anxiety- and depression-sensitive classes, groups, and workshops.
Have a multitude of resources in your toolkit.