Learn empowering, accessible, and evidence-based practices for optimum mental health! The LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training, now entering its 18th year, covers appropriate use of yoga for all mood issues, from daily energy swings, to disorders like anxiety, depression, trauma, etc.; this includes discussion of scope of practice, working in a team, and when to refer out. Participants learn yogic-based assessment of the mind and application of ancient yogic practices adapted for individuals struggling with mood disorders.
Yoga teaches that we are One with everything and our suffering is the false belief that we are separate. This program offers a pathway to reconnect with your sacred sense of self, through using breath, movement, and sound in our morning self-care yoga practices.
Students of this course will learn:
- How to meet the current mood of a client and help transform the mood/energy to balance
- Yoga tools for mental health that are accessible for all ability levels
- Breathing and meditation practices for empowering optimum mental health
- How to design one-on-one LifeForce Yoga sessions appropriate for stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, and all mood states
- How to add somatic strategies to clinical practice to increase clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and health
- Self-care strategies for maintaining your energy at balanced levels throughout your work day
Upon completion of this course you will:
Be prepared to work with clients experiencing anxiety, trauma, OCD, and depression.
Be prepared to design anxiety- and depression-sensitive classes, groups, and workshops.
Have a multitude of portable practices to manage your mood in your toolkit.
Level 1 LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Certification
- Training manual with “cheat sheets”
- Scripts for most techniques
- Recordings of all sessions
- Additional pre-recorded presentations
This course is 71.5 hours of Live Content (all recorded):
- 11 lecture and experiential sessions
- 11 skills sessions
- 11 offices hours for Q&A
- 11 LFY yoga classes
- 11 LFY meditation sessions
- Includes an integration week
March 12th through June 9th
Saturdays starting March 12th include lecture/experiential and practice teach session.
Wednesdays starting March 16th for office hours and an optional LifeForce Yoga class.
Other meditation and yoga classes to be determined.
Discounts Available for Returning Trainees:
- Level 1 or 2 practitioners who would like a refresher
- Have completed Module A OR B and need to complete the other
- Need to complete mentoring for certification
- Please contact Rose, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Read Awakening Your Inner Radiance with LifeForce Yoga: Strategies for Coping with Stress, Depression, Anxiety, and Trauma, by Rose Kress
- Some experience with LifeForce Yoga – a prior workshop, online classes, or practice with videos or YouTube videos (this will help you in integrating the techniques and practices during the course)
Payment Plan Options:
Payments must be completed to receive certification and/or continuing education units. If payments are stopped before full payment is complete, access will be lost to the course.
Continuing Education Units:
71 Hours for Yoga Alliance
71 Hours for IAYT