Learn why and how LifeForce Yoga is good for trauma, depression, anxiety, and mood disorders. Learn accessible and adaptive breathing techniques (pranayama), sound (mantras), and hand gestures (mudras) that can be used anywhere to help you manage your mood and the moods of those you serve. This exceptional and unique course delves into the research and science behind these ancient yogic practices.
18 hours of webinars with Amy Weintraub author of Yoga for Depression and Yoga Skills for Therapists Rose Kress, current LifeForce Yoga owner & director, as well as mental health professional and mentor, Ann Friedenheim. The webinars include lecture, demo with practices related to the subject, and discussion of the questions that have arisen from participants.
This course is open to anyone who wants to deepen their yoga practice and learn additional sounds (mantras), hand gestures (mudra), breathing practices (pranayama), visualization techniques (bhavana) and more. You do not need to be a yoga teacher to take this course. If you are a yoga or health professional, you will learn yoga practices appropriate in a clinical setting.
- Creating the Safe & Sacred Container with LifeForce Yoga Founding Director Amy Weintraub, MFA, EYT-500
- Pranayama & Meditation with Amy Weintraub
- Mantra & Mudra with Amy Weintraub
- Yoga & Trauma with Amy Weintraub
- LifeForce Yoga & Ayurveda with LifeForce Yoga Education Director Rose Kress, ERYT-500, LFYP-2, LFY Educator
- Integrating LifeForce Yoga Practices into Health Care and Yoga Therapy Settings with LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Mentor Ann Freidenheim, MS, MA, CAADC, RYT-200, LFYP-2 and Rose Kress
- 12 hours of online webcast sessions (pre-recorded)
- 6 hours of online Q & A and Practices (pre-recorded)
- Assigned reading
- Study questions
- On-line sessions will include lecture, discussion, slides and opportunities to practice
- Certificate of Attendance
Please note: If you are taking for credit towards LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training, Yoga Alliance CEU’s, or C-IAYT CEU’s, the cost is $397 and you will need to complete the course work above and send completed study questions and homework assignments for review.
This counts as Module B of the Modular LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Certification. Module B can be taken prior to Module A. If you have questions, please contact Rose, email@example.com.