LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training with Rose Kress & Deborah Lubetkin
July 7 - July 14
Stockbridge, MA 01266 United States
Yoga for Mood Management
For yoga teachers, medical and mental-health professionals, and massage therapists.
LifeForce Yoga covers appropriate use of yoga for all mood issues, from daily energy swings, to disorders such as anxiety, depression, trauma, and more. Through discussion of scope of practice, working in a team, and learning when to refer clients out, you learn yogic-based assessment of the mind and application of practices for individuals struggling with mood disorders.
This program also includes
- Accessible yoga-based interventions for emotional and energetic balance
- Anxiety-, depression-, and trauma-sensitive yoga using practices other postures to empower emotional balance
- One-on-one yoga sessions for dysthymia (chronic depression), anxiety, PTSD, and bipolar disorder
- Breathing and meditation practices that address dysthymia and anxiety
- Asana, pranayama (breathing), kriyas (cleansing), mantra (chanting), bhavana (visual imagery), sankalpa (intention and affirmation), mudra (hand gestures), meditation, yoga nidra, therapeutic holding of postures, and nondual strategies for working with negative self-talk
- Somatic strategies for clinical practice and yoga classes to increase clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, and self-esteem.
Staff Rose Kress, Deborah Lubetkin, and Kat Larsen. Guest Teacher: Amy Weintraub
Required reading Amy Weintraub, Yoga for Depression.
Recommended reading Amy Weintraub, Yoga Skills for Therapists, and practice with LifeForce Yoga DVDs and CDs.
Note Tuition includes a 170-page manual that contains scripts, pictures, and relevant research. After registering, contact email@example.com for more information. This program has extended hours. C-IAYT CEUs are available.